Antminer S9 is a bitcoin miner released by Bitmain in June 2016. It adopts the latest generation bitcoin miner chip BM1387 independently developed by Bitmain with a hashrate of 11.85 TH and power consumption of 1172W.
BM1387 is the 5th-generation bitcoin miner chip independently developed by Bitmain with TSMC 16nm FinFET process and application of fully customized designs. The hashrate of single chip can reach 74GH/S with only 0.08W/GH/s power consumption under 0.4V CPU core voltage. It was the bitcoin chip with lowest power consumption in history at that time.
The original version of S9 (submodel: Antminer S9-11.85TH) will be used this time. Now, Antminer Farm will bring the latest evaluation for you.
Parameters of Antminer S9
|Submodel||11.85 TH/s @ 1172w|
|Hashrate||11.85TH/s ± 5%|
|Power Consumption||1172w ± 12%|
|Efficiency||0.1J/GH + 12%|
|Chips||189 x BM1387|
Antminer S9 is packed in five-layer industrial carton with complete logistics warehousing label, product barcode, QC and brand logo. The miner is wrapped with EPE foams in suspension to effectively ensure safe transportation.
Inside the box are Antminer S9 and English-version double-sided user’s manual.
ANTMINER S9 INSTALLATION GUIDE
The AntMiner S9 is the newest version in the AntMiner S9 series sold and distributed by Antminer Farm. It boasts a state-of-the-art BM1387 custom-made chip using 16nm technology. All AntMiner S9s are tested and configured prior to shipping to ensure easy set up. The T9 model setup is identical to that of the Antminer S9
1.1 Antminer S9 Components
|Hash Rate:||12± 5%Th/s||12.5± 5%Th/s||13± 5%Th/s||13.5± 5%Th/s|
|Estimated wall outlet power consumption||1176W+10%||1225W+10%||1274W+10%||1323W+10%|
|Estimated wall outlet power efficiency||0098J/GH+10%|
|Dimensions||(L x W x H) 350mm x 135mm x 158mm|
|Operating ambient temperature||0 – 40°C|
The miner does not contain a DC/DC converter; therefore, higher input voltage will cause higher
2. Connecting the Power Supply
To connect the power cables to an Antminer irrespective of model number, view the video below.
Ten PCI-e connectors are located at the top of the AntMiner S9 for connecting the PSU as follows:
- Nine PCI-e connectors for the hash boards. Each hash board has a set of three PCI-e connectors.
- One PCI-e connector located on the controller.
Each hash board must be powered by the same PSU to prevent possible damage and instability if you are using multiple power supplies to power the Antminer S9.
To connect the power supply:
To connect the power supply:
1. Connect PSU power cable connectors to each of the nine PCI-e connectors on the top of the AntMiner S9, ensuring that each hash board is powered by the same PSU.
3. Setting up the miner
The file IPReporter.zip is supported by Microsoft Windows only.
Extract the file and run the IPReporter.exe file as administrator – The default DHCP network protocol distributes IP addresses automatically.
Select one of the following options:
- Shelf, step, position – suitable for farm miners to mark the location of the miners.
- Default – suitable for home miners.
On the controller board, click the IP Report button. Hold it down until it beeps (about 5 seconds).
The IP address will be displayed in a window on your computer screen.
- In your web browser, enter the IP address provided. In your web browser, enter the IP address provided.
- Proceed to login using root for both the username and password.
- In the network section, you can assign a Static IP address (optional).
- Click Save & Apply.
4. Miner Pool Configuration
- In Miner Configuration, click General Settings.
- Set the options according to the following table:
The AntMiner S9 can be set up with three mining pools with decreasing priority from the first pool (pool 1) to the third pool (pool 3). The pools with low priority will only be used if all higher priority pools are offline.
5. Monitoring yourmMiner
To check the operating status of your miner:
- Click Miner Status.
- Under AntMiner, monitor your miner according to the descriptions in the following table:
|ASIC#||Number of chips detected in the chain|
|Frequency||ASIC frequency setting|
|GH/S(RT)||Hash rate of each hash board ( GH/s)|
|Temp(PCB)||Temperature of each hash board (°C).(Applied only to miner with fixed frequency)|
|Temp(Chip)||Temperature of the chips on each hash board (°C). 120 Degrees Max|
|ASIC status||One of the following statuses will appear:|
● O – indicates OK
● X – indicates error
● – – indicates dead
Note: The S9 miner with automatic frequency adjustment firmware will stop running when the Temp(Chips) reach to 125-135°C. There will be a error message “Fatal Error: Temperature is too high!” shown in the bottom of the kernel log page.
6. Administering your miner
To check your firmware version:
- In System, click the Overview tab.
- File System Version displays the date of the firmware your miner use. In the example below, the miner is using firmware version 20170108.
Make sure that the AntMiner S9 remains powered during the upgrade process. If power fails, ensure the AntMiner S9 remains powered during the upgrade process. If power fails before the upgrade is completed, you will need to return it to Antminer Farm for repair.
To upgrade the firmware of the miner:
- In System, click Upgrade.
- For Keep Settings: Select the check box to keep your current settings (default). Clear the check box to reset the miner to default settings.
- Click the (Browse) button and navigate to the upgrade file.
- Select the upgrade file, then click Flash image. A message appears notifying you that the AntMiner S9 firmware can be upgraded and if yes, will then proceed to flash the image.
Bitmain Antminer S9 Firmware can be found here – Click to View Firmware Page